Coastal Riptide has been providing teams and kids in the area with extended playing opportunities through its fall ball league since 2019. Starting in late August and running into late October, town and travel teams from Maine and NH have played extra ball during a beautiful time of year.
Coastal Riptide provides multiple team divisions to ensure competitive play and provides several house teams for kids in the area that want to "play some extra ball."
9U-12U divisions play on Saturdays, while the 13U, 14U, 15U, 17U and 18U divisions play on Sundays. All games are doubleheaders to ensure the kids are getting some good innings.
Coastal Riptide provides fields along with board-certified umpires.
Jana Doughty, Director of Operations, provides all communication directly to coaches and parents to guarantee all teams and individuals have the most up- to-date information.
Space is limited.
For more information, please contact Jana, firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations SM River Rates 10U Team!
Congratulations Coastal Riptide 12U White Team!
Congratulations SM River Rats 12U Team!
Congratulations CR 14U White Team!
Congratulations SM River Rats 14U Team!
Thank you everyone for another great Fall Ball Season. We can't wait for next year!
Coastal Riptide Fall Ball 2021 Rules
CR Fall Ball will follow the MIAA High School Rules with the following modifications.
• 9U-12U: 12 runs after 3 innings, 10 runs after 4, 8 after 5. • 13U-18U: 12 runs after 4 innings, 10 runs after 5, 8 after 6. • Home team always gets their last at bat.
10U LEVEL ONLY: Teams cannot score more than 5 runs in one inning or inning will end once the entire batting order has hit. Rule will not apply during the last at bat for the home team.
• 9U-12U: 6 innings. (Official game is 4 innings) • 13U-18U: 7 innings. (Official game is 4 innings)
Time limits will be enforced for regular season. No new inning can start after 1 hour and 45 minutes, but the current inning will be played to completion.
• There are no Pitching restrictions in regular season. We encourage coaches to monitor and limit pitching on an individual basis. There will be pitching restrictions in the playoffs. This will be released before playoffs.
•. There will be one balk warning per pitcher at the 12U, 13U and 14U level.
• If a balk is called then the play is dead. Each base-runner moves up one base.
• Pitchers cannot fake to third base, it will now be considered a balk.
• 9U-12U all divisions: USA Stamped Bats Only or BBCOR -3 • 14U - 17U divisions: BBCOR -3 Bats or Wood Bats
• Teams can use any brand for baseballs.
• 9U-12U: Diamond DOL-1 quality or better.
• 13U-18U: Diamond DBR, DCR, DOL-A quality or better.
Teams are required to bring 3 game balls per game.
• Scores must be reported to Sasha no later than Monday of each week, email@example.com.
• 9U-12U: Plastic cleats.
• 13U-18U: Metal or plastic cleats (plastic is preferred)
OPEN & CLOSED BASES:
• 10U: 46ft mound, 65ft bases no leading, stealing is allowed. • 12U: 50ft mound, 70ft bases leading and stealing.
• 14U-17U: 60.6ft mound, 90ft bases leading and stealing.
• Re-entry rule. A player can only re-enter for the same player that went in for him and then that player he goes back in for is done for that game. You cannot re-enter for a different player. You can never hit in 2 different spots in the line-up during a game.
• Re-entry for a pitcher: In the event a pitcher is substituted with a pinch-runner or hitter, the pitcher may re-enter the game immediately as long as another pitcher does not throw a pitch. If he re-enters after someone else throws a pitch, he will not be allowed to pitch in that game. Courtesy runner: a pinch runner will be allowed for pitcher and catcher.
• The batting order must consist of at least 10 players. Teams can use an EH and a DH in the same line-up. Teams also have the option of using as many EH’s as they want.
• If a player is injured while using a continuous batting order and that players spot in the batting order comes up, an out is recorded and then they can continue with the batting order.
• A team must start a game with 9 players but can finish with 8 players.
• Coaches simply need to tell the umpire that you are intentionally walking the batter and no longer need to throw four pitches.
MAKE UP GAMES:
• Due to the length of the season, there will be no makeup games.
Extra Inning (TIE-BREAKER SYSTEM):
• If a game is tied after all innings have been completed (a minimum of 15 minutes remains in the game allotment time), the "Tie-Breaker" will go into effect. In the event there is not enough time to complete the tie breaker option, the game will end in a tie (regular season only). Each team starts with the bases loaded and one out. The last 3 batters from the previous innings are the base runners. This will continue until you get a winner. (Excludes championship games)
Standings will be based on league play. First tie breaker is head to head, second tie breaker is runs against, third tie breaker is a coin toss.
COASTAL RIPTIDE FALL BALL LEAGUE 2021 CODE OF CONDUCT
Coastal Riptide takes Coach, Athlete and Fan conduct very seriously. There is a zero- tolerance policy for the items listed below:
Coastal Riptide offers extended playing opportunities for its current players as well as kids throughout the area by providing several fall ball teams ranging from 9U-18U. Sign up and play, one practice a week, doubleheaders on weekends.
Registration has closed for 2021!
Coastal Riptide Offers teams to come in and register for our Fall Ball League. We have teams that range from 9U-18U. The team registration covers umpires, insurance, and championship "trophy" along with doubleheaders for all age groups!
Registration has closed for 2021!